Try as you might to avoid it, chances are you'll be spending Christmas Day with your family at the movie theater fighting back tears as you watch Anne Hathaway chop her locks. Turns out that was the actress's own idea. In fact, hair and makeup artist Lisa Westcott, along with director Tom Hooper, tried to talk her out of it, as we learned in a new featurette released today. Click to see Westcott spill behind-the-scenes makeup secrets — why tea and coffee isn't a blonde's best friend, for instance — and see what it takes for 21st century actors to look like nineteenth-century whores.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?