This Sunday marks the premiere of the second season of the love-it-or-hate-it HBO semi-comedy Girls. (Full disclosure: We hated it until Shoshanna accidentally smoked crack, but now we're all in.) And while we're worried about poor recently run-over Adam and recently misguidedly married Jessa, we're really looking forward to being reunited with the clothes. Will Hannah ever wear something that fits? Will Marnie stop resorting to Ann Taylor? Will Jessa invest in a mirror? And more importantly, do we ever actually want them to? The crazy wardrobe was practically its own delightful character. So, as we salivate over the sartorial madness to come, here’s a guide to the craziest style moments from season one, which costume designer Jenn Rogien used to put a stamp on each girl from Girls, ensuring that they were just as uneven and occasionally messy on the outside as they were inside their heads.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat