This Sunday marks the premiere of the second season of the love-it-or-hate-it HBO semi-comedy Girls. (Full disclosure: We hated it until Shoshanna accidentally smoked crack, but now we're all in.) And while we're worried about poor recently run-over Adam and recently misguidedly married Jessa, we're really looking forward to being reunited with the clothes. Will Hannah ever wear something that fits? Will Marnie stop resorting to Ann Taylor? Will Jessa invest in a mirror? And more importantly, do we ever actually want them to? The crazy wardrobe was practically its own delightful character. So, as we salivate over the sartorial madness to come, here’s a guide to the craziest style moments from season one, which costume designer Jenn Rogien used to put a stamp on each girl from Girls, ensuring that they were just as uneven and occasionally messy on the outside as they were inside their heads.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate