A star of the supermodel era, Christy Turlington is synonymous with nineties American fashion. A favorite of photographer Steven Meisel, Turlington has appeared on hundreds of magazine covers from Vogue to V, and famously starred in the music video for George Michael's Freedom alongside fellow supes Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Tatjana Patitz, and Cindy Crawford. Although she's more selective about her modeling jobs now, choosing instead to pursue charity work, Turlington remains an icon of relaxed, comfortable sportswear. Her personal style is marked by flowy florals, tailored suits, chic black dresses, and that fresh-from-yoga glow. Take a look back at some of the model-turned-activist's best style moments.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat