Prabal Gurung's spring 2013 show took place in a non-air-conditioned warehouse on the hottest, muggiest day of New York Fashion Week in September. Huge industrial fans blew hot air all over the place, and the atmosphere was so muggy it seemed like the models were walking through a steam room. Once you stopped obsessing about how you needed more deodorant, the visual effect was beautiful. Although Gurung says his spring ad campaign, which came out today, was inspired by artist Anish Kapoor, the images also reflect the hazy, wind-filled room where the clothes first appeared last fall. See these pictures, shot by Daniel Jackson and starring Joan Smalls, along with lots of other new campaigns in our spring 2013 ads slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve