As noted time and time again, Kate Upton's booming editorial presence far outweighs her campaign bookings. But brands are finally starting to catch up: Most recently, footwear designer Sam Edelman tapped Upton as their latest face, replacing Charlotte Kemp Muhl. Photographer David Lipman cut to the chase when it came to discussing Upton's body, telling WWD: "We chose Kate because she isn’t stick thin. She’s beautiful and all-American." Apparently she first popped onto their radar when she was photographed in a pair of Edelman equestrian boots, proving yet again that paparazzi photos enable models and celebrities to audition for brand contracts even (or especially) during their off-hours. Edelman says the contract, which will also include a web video, may continue for several seasons depending on its success.
Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Best Bet: Hive and Honey Military Twill Pants
- Cressida Bonas’s Baby Book: What Does It Mean?
- Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid?
- Is Sex a Workout?
- ‘Hard-Wired’ Sex Differences Are Meaningless
- Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
- Lena Dunham and Judy Blume Talk Sixth-Grade Lies
- Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once