We first fell for his piercing blue eyes, perfectly tanned skin, and just-unbuttoned shirts when he played Phil in The Hangover. He even made our hearts palpitate while jogging around a Philly suburb in sweats and a trash bag in The Silver Linings Playbook. Okay, maybe not, but he definitely stole our hearts when he showed off his fancy footwork and flailed his arms alongside co-star Jennifer Lawrence. But it turns out the leading man, who found out today that he’s in the running for the Best Actor Academy Award, looked just as gorgeous before hitting it big. Here he is, pre-Oscar-buzz glory, with even longer dirty-blonde locks and the same bright eyes. From being an inquisitive fledgling actor on Inside the Actors Studio to making it to the Oscars — all we can say is, congratulations, icy-blue eyes, you’ve done well.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament