We first fell for his piercing blue eyes, perfectly tanned skin, and just-unbuttoned shirts when he played Phil in The Hangover. He even made our hearts palpitate while jogging around a Philly suburb in sweats and a trash bag in The Silver Linings Playbook. Okay, maybe not, but he definitely stole our hearts when he showed off his fancy footwork and flailed his arms alongside co-star Jennifer Lawrence. But it turns out the leading man, who found out today that he’s in the running for the Best Actor Academy Award, looked just as gorgeous before hitting it big. Here he is, pre-Oscar-buzz glory, with even longer dirty-blonde locks and the same bright eyes. From being an inquisitive fledgling actor on Inside the Actors Studio to making it to the Oscars — all we can say is, congratulations, icy-blue eyes, you’ve done well.
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like
- Retail Task Force Tries to Fix Racial Profiling
- Putin to Free Pussy Riot, Maybe
- Paparazzi Spoils Emma Stone’s Good Times in L.A.
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Leandra Medine