Earlier this week, Illamasqua's Fleury Rose showed us how to use liquid eyeliner as a nail-art tool. Now, just in time for this weekend's
Beyoncé Show Super Bowl matchup between San Francisco's 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens, Rose whipped up two exclusive nail-art looks for the Cut, inspired by the teams' uniforms. For this example we used Illamasqua nail polishes, but any polishes in similar hues will work. Click to zoom in on the details, then try it yourself with the instructions below.
1. Paint entire nail with two coats of Swinger (gold). Allow to dry three to five minutes.
2. Apply Ruthless (red) like a reverse French manicure leaving an arch of gold near the cuticle. Allow to dry three to five minutes.
3. Using a thin, pointed paintbrush, apply a thin band of Boosh (black) along the cuticle.
4. Apply Scorch (white) along the free edge of the nail mimicking the shape of the red polish (almost like a bull’s eye).
5. Allow five to ten minutes for entire nail to dry; finish with top coat.
1. Apply one coat of Swinger (gold) all over the nail. Allow to dry three to five minutes.
2. Using Baptiste (purple), paint half the nail with a slightly curved S-shaped line, leaving the other half gold. Allow to dry three to five minutes, then apply a second coat of Baptiste for deeper color.
3. Using a long, thin brush, apply pin stripes of Scorch (white) over the purple at the S-shaped line to separate the two base shades.
4. Clean your brush and repeat step three with a thin stripe of Boosh (black) outlining the white lines.
5. Allow five to ten minutes to dry; finish with top coat.
Most Viewed Stories
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
Everything We Know About Brad Pitt’s Plane Incident
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Jaden Smith on the Many Subtle Flavors of Water
Taylor Swift’s Squad Begged Kim Kardashian for Mercy
Gigi Hadid Fought Back Against a Creepy Stranger Who Grabbed Her
The 6 Best Denim Shops on Etsy
Beyoncé and Tina Knowles Did A Normal Mother/Daughter Thing
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesDolce & Gabbana Was an Italian Lovefest
The theme was Tropico Italiano.Watch the Salvatore Ferragamo Livestream
Enjoy!Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Unveiled Their Baby on Instagram
Her name is Dusty Rose Levine. Awwww.Beyoncé and Tina Knowles Did A Normal Mother/Daughter Thing
Houston’s Solid Gold Beauty Supply received the Queen Bey herself.Brad Pitt Probably Won’t Face Prosecution for Child Abuse
The Brangelina Divorce Machine marches on.North West Is a Pretty Great Flower Girl
Brides, prepared to be upstaged.The Kids From Stranger Things Are Hanging Out With Nicolas Ghesquière
Millie Bobby Brown, Caleb McLaughlin, and Gaten Matarazzo hit up Louis Vuitton’s HQ in Paris.A ‘Cagney & Lacey-Esque’ Police Drama Is Currently in Development at ABC
Bring. On. The Female. Detectives.Kylie Jenner’s Getting Sucked Into Tyga’s Debt Problems
She’ll have to answer questions under oath in the latest lawsuit against him.Lauren Hutton and Gigi Hadid Make the Best Intergenerational Model Pair
It was a major moment.
The two superstar brokers of Million Dollar Listing New York fame discuss.The NFL Is Taking Steps to Recruit More Women
It’s part of a major push for gender equality.Obsessively Testing the Best White Jeans to Wear All Year Round
When it comes to white denim, the only rule is that it should flatter you.Hotel Counts Sensual Framed Photos of Jeff Goldblum Among Its Amenities
A true luxury.The Cabal of Fabulous Rich Ladies Who Built Gustav Klimt’s Career
Their stories and portraits are featured in a new exhibit at Neue Galerie New York.The Chanel No.5 Launch Party Was the No. 1 Place to Be in L.A. Last Night
It doesn’t get any better than Nas and Chanel bags.An Uber Operator Allegedly Laughed at a Man for Calling to Report a Sexual Assault
The driver has since been permanently banned.Kate Moss and Paris Hilton Partied This Week
People cried while waiting for Gigi Hadid.See the Newest Fashion Campaigns for Fall
Including Pharrell’s democratic G-Star campaign, Fenty Puma by Rihanna, and Acne Studios.Kim Kardashian Might Vote for Donald Trump