Earlier this week, Illamasqua's Fleury Rose showed us how to use liquid eyeliner as a nail-art tool. Now, just in time for this weekend's
Beyoncé Show Super Bowl matchup between San Francisco's 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens, Rose whipped up two exclusive nail-art looks for the Cut, inspired by the teams' uniforms. For this example we used Illamasqua nail polishes, but any polishes in similar hues will work. Click to zoom in on the details, then try it yourself with the instructions below.
1. Paint entire nail with two coats of Swinger (gold). Allow to dry three to five minutes.
2. Apply Ruthless (red) like a reverse French manicure leaving an arch of gold near the cuticle. Allow to dry three to five minutes.
3. Using a thin, pointed paintbrush, apply a thin band of Boosh (black) along the cuticle.
4. Apply Scorch (white) along the free edge of the nail mimicking the shape of the red polish (almost like a bull’s eye).
5. Allow five to ten minutes for entire nail to dry; finish with top coat.
1. Apply one coat of Swinger (gold) all over the nail. Allow to dry three to five minutes.
2. Using Baptiste (purple), paint half the nail with a slightly curved S-shaped line, leaving the other half gold. Allow to dry three to five minutes, then apply a second coat of Baptiste for deeper color.
3. Using a long, thin brush, apply pin stripes of Scorch (white) over the purple at the S-shaped line to separate the two base shades.
4. Clean your brush and repeat step three with a thin stripe of Boosh (black) outlining the white lines.
5. Allow five to ten minutes to dry; finish with top coat.
Most Viewed Stories
Celebrities Get Angry About Airline’s Leggings Ban
Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner’s New Neighbors Are Justifiably Annoyed
The Blaze Has Permanently Banned Tomi Lahren
The Virgin Ignoring Texts From London
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of March 27
Huma Abedin Is Reportedly Giving Anthony Weiner Another Shot
United Airlines Gate Agent Made Teens in Leggings Cover Up
Kim Kardashian Really Wants to Have a Third Baby
Orange Is the New Black’s Samira Wiley and Lauren Morelli Had a Funfetti-Inspired Wedding
University of Texas Releases Rape-Survey Results
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesWhat Is in Sean Spicer’s Teeth?
An investigation.Prada Has the Most Beautiful Dress Capsule Collection at Saks Right Now
It’s in celebration of their new ready-to-wear shop in the department store.Extremely Relatable Survey Says Nearly Half of U.S. Women Won’t Enter a Store Unless There’s a Sale
Same.A Supercut of SNL’s Greatest (and Funniest) Feminist Moments This Season
▶️ “Just remember, a woman is just as good as a man. Also, abortion is murder!”Ali Wong Loves Kondo-ing So Much, She Named Her Daughter After It
What she has in her tour rider and why she thinks Steve Harvey was wrong.What Exactly Is Going On With Donald and Melania’s Body Language?
Remember Inauguration Day? ▶️Inside Babetown, the Queer Pop-up Dinner Party That Sells Out in Hours
“Babetown is what it looks like when something is a good idea.”A Concrete Jungle Native’s Honeymoon to the Little-Touristed Island of Dominica
A Brooklyn lifestyle blogger gives us a look at her honeymoon away from the city.Millie Bobby Brown Canceled an Appearance Due to Exhaustion
Child stardom is grueling.Bobbi Brown on Why She Really Left Her Brand and Resisted Making a Contour Palette, and Her Next Moves
“Even supersmart women want to feel good.”
Industry insiders weigh in.Other Things Aaron Sorkin Just Realized
The West Wing creator recently asked, “Are you saying that women and minorities have a more difficult time getting their stuff read than white men?”The Sculptor Bringing Back the Craft of Stonecutting
Nevine Mahmoud is an artist to watch.The Internet Discovers a Strange Breastfeeding Story
In a now-unpublished story, Globe writer Leah McLaren claims she once tried to breastfeed a politician’s baby without permission.When Was the Last Time Casey Affleck Did Laundry?
It’s been a while.Ivanka Trump Takes Her ‘Women Who Work’ Campaign to Economic Summit in Germany
She’ll represent the United States.This Jewelry Store’s Billboard Is Proving Controversial
It reads, “sometimes it’s okay to throw rocks at girls.”Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of March 27
A new moon in Aries.Solange Discusses Intersectional Feminism in Bust Magazine
“I want women’s rights to be equally honored, and uplifted, and heard.”Kim Kardashian Really Wants to Have a Third Baby
But her doctors have concerns.