Whether gym-related or closet-related, resolutions can be daunting especially when they're like "I will totally run a half-marathon this year." And we've practically already forgotten most of the resolutions we made a few weeks ago. But just like fitness experts recommend making small lifestyle changes over time to see bigger results, the same is true of your wardrobe. Rather than overhauling it in its entirety (financially impossible for most people), try adding something simple like a pair of giant earrings or a quirky sweatshirt into the mix. Or swap out denim in favor of ladylike skirts or cropped trousers. Rather than strict rules, think of these as motivations to step out of your comfort zone. Click ahead to see nine quick ways to change up your look in 2013, or as we like to call them: strategies for easier mornings.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb