It takes a team of highly skilled hairstylists and makeup and nail artists to gussy up an actress for the red carpet. For this crew of talented artisans, their moment happens behind the closed doors of bedrooms, in open-air sunny kitchens, or under the incandescent lighting of hotel bathrooms. Not only are these people good at making pretty starlets look even better, but their Twitter and Instagram skills are fast and furious. Last night, some of the industry's best — from nail artist Tom Bachik to hairstylist Harry Josh — gave their loyal social followers a peek into the moments leading up to red-carpet time. Click through our slideshow to see Anne Hathaway's fresh polish job, a bathrobe-clad Rose Byrne, a shot of Jessica Chastain by a shower, and many more. Oh, and don't forget to follow them — Oscar night isn't far from now.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her