Model Wylie Hays walks a dark hallway in Theyskens' Theory's new spring ad campaign shot by Willy Vanderperre, styled by Olivier Rizzo and art directed by Giovanni Bianco. The two Oliviers have known one another since the late nineties and have always wanted to work together; their stark hallway is juxtaposed against an image of a rough seawall that was photographed by Theyskens in his native Belgium. "I envisioned a hip girl caught in an impersonal, slightly oppressive environment on her first day at work," the designer explained to us. "I also wanted to show an image of what she could have on her mind; a vast melancholic seaside shore. I like the contrast of the two worlds, one that is confined, hyperrealistic, and pragmatic and the other, emotional and disconnected." See more of the images from the campaign, plus the rest of our spring ads, in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times