Makeup sticks are solid forms of face highlighters, foundations, blushes, and concealers that are usually packaged in mini-twist-up tubes. The whole application process isn't exactly the most elegant experience — it isn't too far from rubbing deodorant all over your face — but makeup artists love a good stick, simply for its ease in application (rarely are brushes necessary, a fingertip to blend is best). The creamy and gel-like formulas also melt into complexions easily to create seamless makeup looks. Click through the slideshow to see a tinted sunscreen stick, an illuminator that doubles as a manicure trick, and many more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve