From the insanity of Jeremy Scott to the sheer beauty of Proenza Schouler's latest collection, what a day in fashion yesterday was. Let's get straight to the highs and lows. Fashion world, we've got one day left. Can you believe it? Light at the end of the tunnel. And, go ...
1. Okay, so, Jeremy Scott. Lots to cover here, people. Perez Hilton was shirtless in the front row. Like a solar eclipse, the best advice is to not look directly at it.
2. Though, the guests in the front row also received these giant Jeremy Scott x Longchamp bags. Who wants to fashion a shirt out of one?
3. Also, this happened. Fur! Lindsey Wixson! Where the Wild Things Are! Someone call Spike Jonze.
4. And, while we’re making strange connections to movie things: Steven fucking Buscemi was at a fashion show. He really seemed to enjoy Nanette Lepore’s shiny accessories, might we add.
5. Back to Jeremy Scott for a second: We may or may not have stalked A$AP Rocky. He liked the show.
A$AP Loved it. He told me so. vine.co/v/brBOnb6bmQJ— stella bugbee (@stellabugbee) February 13, 2013
6. Back to fur for a second, too. At J. Mendel, it was not surprising that there was lots of fur. It was fantastic, however, that the fur-expert designer added side vents to his garments. Obviously, here’s a man who understands the particular and potentially overly warm qualities of fur.
7. Karlie Kloss is still making those vegan Kookies happen. Yesterday, she sold them on a food truck. And does the picture she tweeted mean she got hair extensions?
8. Harvey Weinstein sat himself next to Anna Wintour at Marchesa. This happens every season but is still worth noting purely because of the comfort it provides in a world of chaos.
9. In a season of dark, black, gray, and fur (have you heard any of these words yet this week?), it was awesome to see Michael Kors pairing all of the black stuff with some really beautiful colors. The tangerine, if that’s what you could call it, was especially chic.
10. British model Cara Delevingne got a new hat. Our love for her knows no bounds. Where do we get one? Cara, make us one!
11. Sasha Pivoravora brought her baby to Proenza. She opened the show (the model, not her baby). Everyone backstage cooed over baby, Piv, naturally, and over the clothes; black, white, and major all over. Somone give these PS guys a Paris design job already.
12. We had a party at Le Baron, which most of the Cut staff thought would be a cocktail party but actually sort of turned into a nineties hip-hop dance-off. Not complaining.
13. And we’ll leave you with Jess Stam’s new boy cut, which Garren cut backstage at Anna Sui. Your thoughts appreciated in the comments below.
Most Viewed Stories
Josh Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s Brother-in-Law, Was Reportedly Spotted at the Women’s March
A Scene from the D.C. Women’s March
Bernie Sanders Wore the Only Appropriate Outfit to Trump’s Inauguration
Pro-Choice and Pro-Life Marchers Came Face-to-Face at the Women’s March
Why the Election of 9 Black Female Judges in Alabama Matters
Taylor Swift Won’t Save Us From Donald Trump
The Greatest Signs From the Women’s March
16 of the Cutest Kids at the Women’s March
Madonna to Women’s March Detractors: ‘F*ck You’
Over 1 Million New York Women Will Have Access to Free Contraception and Abortions
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.