Well, wasn’t that fun? New Yorkers love any weather-related news situation, and day two at New York Fashion Week brought enough snow-encrusted heels and fur-swaddled attendees (Anna Wintour notwithstanding) to make another day of shows feel like the reality-television equivalent of a ski resort. Shows were, for the most part, a bit soggy and underattended; still, no one’s canceling. And some trends have emerged! As we face another day in Bean boots, here’s everything from Friday.
1. The Kate Spade collection was taxi-themed. Which seemed mean, because these were the only cabs people could get today.
2. For those lucky few who could get a cab, there was, at least, a pleasant surprise on Taxi TV:
Forget the weather, the best reason to be in a cab is Matthew Terry. vine.co/v/bn95OF3AOQ2— stella bugbee (@stellabugbee) February 8, 2013
3. Outside, Russian girls (well, nearly all girls) were either wearing stilettos in slush or ugly boots. Street-style photographers clearly loved both options.
6. Textured leather has sort of already become a thing, as we first noticed yesterday. A lot of these pieces are croc-like. Everything is black this season.
8. We repent. We skipped some shows. Next time we’ll do a Twitter giveaway or something. But all editors were guilty and social media'ing about it.
9. Did we mention we did not skip Jason Wu? Allison Williams lit up the room, even as she seemed nervous. Too much attention; all that pressure to look so “fashion.” Oh, look! A very large chandelier.
10. At one of the many print-media parties the night before, the Brant Brothers and Bryanboy became friends. Please note neon sign.
11. Katie Holmes held a secret show. Because the universe wills such things. (The clothes were actually cute. Not that we saw them in person or anything.)
12. Proenza Schouler is already casting their runway. Apparently, there now exists model software. Next: the girls will just be robots.
13. Men carried very large man bags at the Billy Reid show; part of a new collaboration with Coach announced in the show notes. America, heritage, etc., etc.
14. Maybe we’ll hide inside all day and just do this. Happy traversing, y’all.
Academy of Art University
Carmen Marc Valvo
Cushnie et Ochs
Project Runway Designers
rag & bone
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
Ask Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Chelsea Clinton Says She Didn’t Initially Know Her Mom Had Pneumonia Because She Was Trying to Power Through It
YogaToes Cured My Lifelong Fear of Bunions
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.