Off all of Fashion Week's days so far, Tuesday was the most uptown of the bunch. We were pulled up early to look at vibrant J.Crew suits, called to Tory Burch's apartment at the Pierre to see her luxe collection (the best revenge against her husband), and up late looking to see how John Galliano might have influenced Oscar de La Renta. It didn't rain. Which we're only saying because, if the whole fashion thing doesn't work out, this week has taught us one thing: Meteorologists control all. Below, the rest of yesterday's key learnings from Fashion Week.
1. In the morning, J.Crew showed a rad collection of neon knits and awesomely colorful boucle suits, but some of the editors seemed a little distracted by the male models (across from the gals) wearing sweaters. Great opportunities for eye-fucking, all around.
2. The J.Crew jolt of color was nice because so much of this season has been dark, with dark runway music, too, often verging on the ambiently apocalyptic. Still, there are some good ear worms in our Spotify playlist of songs we've heard so far at shows.
3. It would not be Fashion Week (this Fashion Week) if we did not mention the most insanely furry looks from the runways. Sorry, rabbits. (Insert your own ethical stance here.)
4. Something weird happened at Rodarte: Our beauty editor was told that a Manic-Panic’d model named Chloe Nørgaard would be walking as an exclusive. But didn’t we see her at Nicole Miller earlier this week?
5. Something else we saw at Rodarte that was odd: Wearable clothes! Nice trench, ladies.
6. And, now, for your mid-list runway distraction from Rodarte. Did we ask Dan Flavin if we could do this?
7. Props to Phil Oh — that’s Mr. Street Peeper to you — for capturing that Chanel Hula Hoop bag in the wild. This is Kyle Anderson, Marie Claire’s accessory director. Because a Vogue girl would never carry something so, uh, heavy?
8. Vera Wang (the reigning queen of all things gown) closed her show with not one, but two different … pant suits. Can you even believe it? What’s wrong with us?
9. Today was shockingly low on gossip and relatively high on expensive clothing. Tory Burch decided to show her collection, Billionaire Edition, in the same apartment building where she lives. #baller
10. Though, here’s some decent dish: Apparently, Joan Rivers refused to sit next to Joan Collins at the Dennis Basso show. Do what you will with that information.
11. No JG at ODLR. Figure it out.
12. Valentino was there, though, in the front row.
13. Meanwhile, everyone was talking about who will be Cosmo’s new fashion director. Rumor is that Joanna Coles has her eye on someone. It’s probably not Emmanuelle Alt. But, man, does she look like she’s having fun this season.
14. We dare you to wear these: Polka-dot pony hair, as spotted at the Isa Tapia accessories presentation.
15. And, no thanks, we’d rather not have another free copy of Women’s Wear Daily. But thanks for offering. (Oh, God, what if someone photographed us with that thing?)
Most Viewed Stories
Connecticut Politician Arrested for Pinching Woman’s Genitals
The Sheer Perfection of Donald Trump’s Golden Shower
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
The Divorced Mom Who Cries After Sex
Pakistani Pop Star Stops Concert When He Spots Sexual Harassment
What Romance Really Means After 10 Years of Marriage
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of January 16
I’m Anti-Trump, But I Refuse to March
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.