The Oscars are the ultimate dress-up game — a hyperbolic celebration of American glamour. We love watching, if only to live vicariously through the red-carpet lineup of tulle, sequins, slits, and baubles. Style-wise, it's an event where most actresses play it safe, eschewing truly daring runway dresses for classic glam. And while most of us will not be heading to L.A. for the awards (or have the need for a full-length ball gown anytime soon), we've rounded up a selection of fake jewels, clutches, shoes, and date-night outfits to help you outshine every person at your Oscars viewing party.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate