For the last few years, everyone was stacking every bracelet, bangle, and cuff they owned into massive jumbles of metal on their wrists. While a good armful of jewelry is eye-catching, it's also distracting when you're trying to do things like wear a sweater or type on a keyboard. Plus, come the hazy and hot days of summer, it starts to get sticky and hot under all of those layers. Rather than piling it on, there's something to be said about the simplicity of a single, sculptural cuff. Take Made's swirled hammered gold cuff: It would be the ideal accent to a long maxi dress worn while strolling beachside. Or if you prefer something more minimalist, Anndra Neen's sleek cut-out cuff would look chic peeking out of a crisp white blouse. And if your wrists feel too bare and you require more of a statement, Pierre Hardy offers up a Cubist take on the style, with a rose-gold cube pattern that almost appears three-dimensional. Click ahead to see fifteen ways to pare down your accessories this spring.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Blowout
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time