Some things just look better in black and white: old movies, those delicious cookies they sell at every good New York City deli, Instagram photos, and now, your spring wardrobe. Take a hint from Jil Sander's SS13 runway and look for color-blocked, graphic pieces. Or get your kick via stripes, like the thick slabs of opposing colors (or lack thereof) at Marc Jacobs and Dolce & Gabbana. It might seem preposterous that after an entire season of darkness we're still advocating you wear black. But when used to punctuate a canvas of white (or vice versa), the two shades in tandem feel fresh, sporty, young. Click through for fiften pieces that highlight the trend with a somewhat sporty edge, #nofilter necessary.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat