Some things just look better in black and white: old movies, those delicious cookies they sell at every good New York City deli, Instagram photos, and now, your spring wardrobe. Take a hint from Jil Sander's SS13 runway and look for color-blocked, graphic pieces. Or get your kick via stripes, like the thick slabs of opposing colors (or lack thereof) at Marc Jacobs and Dolce & Gabbana. It might seem preposterous that after an entire season of darkness we're still advocating you wear black. But when used to punctuate a canvas of white (or vice versa), the two shades in tandem feel fresh, sporty, young. Click through for fiften pieces that highlight the trend with a somewhat sporty edge, #nofilter necessary.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles