On Wednesday night, 21-year-old accessory designer and boyfriend of model Andrej Pejic, Rembrandt "Remy" Duran, posted a legitimate-looking marriage certificate on Instagram. It read, "This Certifies That Rembrandt and Andrea were united in marriage ... At the Pop-Up Wedding Chapel at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas on the 20th day of February in the year 2013 in the state of Nevada." Also: "#PopUpChapel"
Perez Hilton took the bait (Remy and Andrej have been engaged on Facebook since last year), but Pejic's mother, Jadranka Savic, told Frockwriter, "It's a joke, definitely," adding, "Kids!" Not to mention, same-sex marriage isn't legally valid in Nevada.
But the #PopUpChapel seems like the perfect wedding venue. We'd spring for the On a Whim package, which includes:
• Choice of Vow Renewal, Commitment Ceremony or Faux-Wedding Ceremony
• One Photo Booth Token
• Silk Flower Bouquet Rental
• Two Wedding Cake Pops by The Cupcakery
• Two The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas T-Shirts
• Party Favors
• VIP Entry to Marquee Nightclub which includes five guests with one complimentary cocktail per guest
• Two Eraser Rings
Eraser rings! Necessary in no context other than this one.