"Catherine Deneuve used to wear her hair up in a ponytail and let the ends fall down around her head," said hairstylist Garren of the models' poofy bouffants backstage at Anna Sui. "But we pinned the hair under today to look more cutesy and page-boy-like." The theme of the show, as it turns out, were the masculine-feminine extremes of the sixties, which apparently gave Garren license to chop Jessica Stam's hair into an "ingenue"-like boy crop just hours before the show. Stam wore a brave face, but she was probably secretly hoping no one would think she asked for The Lena Dunham. On the feminine side, Pat McGrath's makeup look consisted of extreme winged-out cat eyes with dots of black liner skirting the lower lash line. "Those dots make the eyes look a lot bigger; it's a cool, strong look," she explained. Cool and strong, maybe. Impossible to pull off in real life? Certainly.
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times