Last season marked the debut of our back-view runway photos, a handy (and innovative) way to show you all of the details you miss out on in most runway galleries. Once again, this season we've combed through all of the shows to bring you the most interesting views from behind. Take for example Alexander Wang's elegant sweaters, which were solid in the front but daringly low and bare in the back, or Rodarte's sexy jumpsuit that revealed a set of angel wings once the model turned. Award-show standbys like Reem Acra and Naeem Khan understand the power of a coy glance-over-the-shoulder red carpet photograph — their sexy fishnet overlays or rhinestone-encrusted details are practically begging to be worn with a chic updo. Even casual wear got into the rearview action at 3.1 Phillip Lim and Rag & Bone with stong silhouettes and coats that were equally eye-catching coming and going. Click ahead for those moments and more in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack