Last season marked the debut of our back-view runway photos, a handy (and innovative) way to show you all of the details you miss out on in most runway galleries. Once again, this season we've combed through all of the shows to bring you the most interesting views from behind. Take for example Alexander Wang's elegant sweaters, which were solid in the front but daringly low and bare in the back, or Rodarte's sexy jumpsuit that revealed a set of angel wings once the model turned. Award-show standbys like Reem Acra and Naeem Khan understand the power of a coy glance-over-the-shoulder red carpet photograph — their sexy fishnet overlays or rhinestone-encrusted details are practically begging to be worn with a chic updo. Even casual wear got into the rearview action at 3.1 Phillip Lim and Rag & Bone with stong silhouettes and coats that were equally eye-catching coming and going. Click ahead for those moments and more in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her