No, this is not the hot new tricycle on Park Slope playgrounds. It’s a high-tech electric bike ($5,000 at hammacherschlemmer.com) made for adults. Users sit upright with the handlebars at their sides and steer with their hips Segway style. Signaling, braking, and acceleration — it hits speeds of up to fourteen miles per hour—are controlled by buttons at your fingertips. The rechargeable battery lasts six miles, and once you’ve reached your destination, the 32-inch-tall, 25-pound two-wheeler folds into a neat little package. The morning commute never looked so fun. Plus, speckled egg soaps, Splendid's new lingerie line, and more from this week's issue. [NYM]
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken