Sorry, this post is not about free whiskey. But there's no reason you can't enjoy some of your own as you watch Makers, the three-hour documentary about the history of the American women's movement that airs on PBS tonight. Come for the interviews with powerful women you know, like Hillary Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, and Gloria Steinem; stay for charming, firsthand stories about second-wave high jinks you might not know, like the whistle-in on Wall Street where a pack of radical feminists catcalled men in suits. Did we mention it's narrated by Meryl Streep? It's on at eight, which means there's still time to kidnap Seth MacFarlane and tie him up in front of your television.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament