We all hear actresses talk a lot about their red carpet looks: how they agonized over a dress, what jewelry they're wearing, how excited they are to be at the Academy Awards, how even getting nominated is just like winning, and on and on. But few of us are privy to the quiet conversations that famous women whisper to their friends and handlers between interviews, or even think to themselves while dealing with the stress of a public gown-off. That's why the Cut asked Meghan O'Neill — creator of our Imagined Conversations at Fashion Week series — to get inside the heads of Anne Hathaway as she realizes everyone is staring at her dress, Stacy Keibler as she frets about her disco-ball dress, Adele in search of some tea, and more from last night's Academy Awards.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve