The fall fashion offering is shaping up to be all about darkness and texture (think boxy knits worn over copious amounts of black leather and fur), but there have been a few bright spots if you know where to look. Photographer Christoper Anderson caught some of the dreamy, saturated moments backstage: a liquid-silk crimson gown at Prabal, a teal-blue overcoat at Philip Lim, and a fuchsia lip on a beautiful dark-skinned model. Click through our slideshow for those, plus an electric take on that now infamous chandelier at Jason Wu; Lynn Yaeger's distinctively hued hair and cheeks; a purple eye on Lindsay Wixson; and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like