Last night, before New York Fashion Week officially began, the overly ambitious were out in full force downtown, trying out their new looks and hanging out with Cat Marnell. Andrej Pejic, androgynous model extraordinaire, teamed up with her to host a party for Galore magazine (no words on drugs use) while, across town, Prabal Gurung held a carnival-themed bash for his Target collection; there were fewer rides than Alexander Wang’s similar one a few years ago but lots more food (and hungry editors staring at Carey Mulligan). The Last Magazine held their party, so did photographer Ben Watts, and all that — plus Pejic’s sneaker wedges and people on stilts — in our ever-growing slideshow below. Party on, and good morning.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel