Announced in today's WWD in an article which might be the newspaper's longest article ever published, we got word that Rihanna can now add creative partner of MAC Cosmetics to her growing list of Creative Things Rihanna Rules At, like singing and dancing and skimpy jumpsuit designing. Unlike other collaborations in collections past, where a celebrity or cartoon character helps create a line of makeup that appears on shelves and then disappears after just a few weeks, RiRi's project will span all of 2013. “We always say that MAC likes to go on a date but doesn’t really want to go into a relationship,” John Demsey, group president of the Estée Lauder Cos. Inc. (MAC’s parent company), told the trade. “This relationship with Rihanna is a long-term one that involves the development of four distinct color initiatives.” By year's end, the "Rihanna Hearts MAC" collection will be composed of 31 Rihanna-stamped pieces, including RiRi Woo — a deeper, vampier version of her MAC lipstick favorite, Ruby Woo — that will launch in May to coincide with the start of her concert tour. "I never thought I’d be able to create makeup with such a big brand so quickly at such a young age," she said to WWD. "It’s kind of sick to even say aloud when I think about it.” We agree.
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Mary-Kate Wants a Baby As Well As a Ring
- Why Are Feminist Critics Hung Up on Playboy?
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
- California Revenge Pornographer Gets Five Years
- Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
- Best Bet: Satomi Kawakita Emerald Ring
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer