To effectively attract the attention of a photographer, a good street-style subject knows to toe the line between crazy and wearable. So while head-to-toe red will work, a giant tutu paired with black ten-inch platforms will not (guy outside of Marc by Marc Jacobs, we're looking at you). This week may seem like it's only about who can show off the most designer goods in one look, but it's also filled with inspirational outfits and styling tricks worth testing out at home. Take, for example, Oxana Ong's grunge-redux outfit consisting of a sweatshirt layered under a parka and finished off with a casually tied flannel — you're likely to have all of these pieces in your closet already. Or look to Aimee Song for cues on how to wear floral prints even when the weather outside is dreary and grey. Click ahead to see how to recreate these looks and more, without having to dish out for that limited-edition tri-color Hermès Kelly.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Naomi Watts Bloomed in Dolce & Gabbana
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Naomi Watts Bloomed in Dolce & Gabbana
- Best Bet: Sun & Cloud Camera
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs