To effectively attract the attention of a photographer, a good street-style subject knows to toe the line between crazy and wearable. So while head-to-toe red will work, a giant tutu paired with black ten-inch platforms will not (guy outside of Marc by Marc Jacobs, we're looking at you). This week may seem like it's only about who can show off the most designer goods in one look, but it's also filled with inspirational outfits and styling tricks worth testing out at home. Take, for example, Oxana Ong's grunge-redux outfit consisting of a sweatshirt layered under a parka and finished off with a casually tied flannel — you're likely to have all of these pieces in your closet already. Or look to Aimee Song for cues on how to wear floral prints even when the weather outside is dreary and grey. Click ahead to see how to recreate these looks and more, without having to dish out for that limited-edition tri-color Hermès Kelly.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split