To effectively attract the attention of a photographer, a good street-style subject knows to toe the line between crazy and wearable. So while head-to-toe red will work, a giant tutu paired with black ten-inch platforms will not (guy outside of Marc by Marc Jacobs, we're looking at you). This week may seem like it's only about who can show off the most designer goods in one look, but it's also filled with inspirational outfits and styling tricks worth testing out at home. Take, for example, Oxana Ong's grunge-redux outfit consisting of a sweatshirt layered under a parka and finished off with a casually tied flannel — you're likely to have all of these pieces in your closet already. Or look to Aimee Song for cues on how to wear floral prints even when the weather outside is dreary and grey. Click ahead to see how to recreate these looks and more, without having to dish out for that limited-edition tri-color Hermès Kelly.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- The Cut’s Week in Review
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
- Scarlett Johansson Wore a Bow on Her Stomach