The London street style scene predictably displays lots of quirky details: A batman tee, a custom football jersey, Susie Lau's silly backpack, bright knit beanies, a giant tassle used as a belt. But understated chic still has a foothold. Our photographer, YoungJun Koo, caught the lovely Caroline Issa and her initialed clutch, while Leila Yavari wore boyfriend jeans with a designer sweatshirt and over-sized man's watch. In general, the Brits have been more sensibly dressed than the New York crowd, showing off layers and few peeping toes. Long, wide-leg pants make more than one appearance in our slideshow, as does fur (duh), and plenty of pattern on pattern. Click through for all that and more from the first few days of London Fashion Week.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!