Starting on Tuesday, get ready for fashion and backstage beauty dispatches from the Paris shows. But before we get all French-ified (don't worry, we will visit a French pharmacy), here are all the beauty essentials from our home bathroom that'll travel to our hotel rooms by the Tuileries Gardens. Because one of us is a beauty editor and the other a no-fuss type, we've tried to compile two well-edited beauty strategies to match each of our requirements. In Christina Han's case, that means multiple shades of eye crayons and lipsticks, because you never know when the need for a quick smoky, charcoal eye and nude lip or a crimson pout with a liquid-lined eye look will arise. In Stella Bugbee's case, it means one great lipstick palette, a strong scent, and the ultimate dry shampoo. Click ahead and zoom into the photos for the complete breakdown of each product.
The Minimalist: Stella Bugbee, Editorial Director
1. Jack Spade Mill Leather Zipper Top Dopp ($155): Men's dopp kits are my favorite for their no-nonsense, easy access, utilitarianism, and durability.
2. Byredo Natural Leather Travel Case, $120 and Byredo Gypsy Water Eau de Parfum ($110-$220): I'd forgo a lot of things in order to bring my perfume because it simultaneously reminds me of home and can take care of weird hotel odors or mask the need for a shower. With fifteen events a day, that is a priority.
3. By Terry Sheer-Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation ($65): Makes you look flawless and radiant in about two minutes.
4. Prive Volumizing Dry Shampoo ($29): Like a proper Parisian, I plan to wash my hair infrequently, unless things get really gnarly. So I'm taking this travel-size bottle (I might also have one at my desk, ahem) for the in-between days.
5. and 6. Muji PET Cylinder Bottle with Snap Cap ($1.25-$1.95): Muji just gets the streamlined thing right. I'll fill them with the two mainstays of my skincare regime: Cetaphil gentle everyday cleanser and MetroLotion.
7. Shiseido Translucent Pressed Powder ($32): On the road, I like an old-fashioned compact to slip into a clutch to keep my nose from shining.
8. Lancome Definicils Mascara ($27): Day or night, I like a subtle swipe of mascara with just enough blackness and length.
9. MAC Eye Brows in Spiked ($16): Self-sharpening and long-lasting in the perfect dark, ashy brown.
10. Cle de Peau Eye Liner Pencil ($30): Smooth to apply, this slim eyeliner even looks good smudged all over my lid after a long day.
11. Kerastase Elixir Ultime Moringa Immortel ($54): Every night I put a teaspoon full of nourishing hair oil on my dead ends to keep my hair smooth and shiny.
12. Goody Clear Hair Rubber Bands ($4.56): See: not washing my hair much.
13. Klorane Soothing Makeup Remover Wipes ($11): Good for a one-stop wipe that takes the whole mess off each night after a packed day.
14. Serge Lutens The Ultimate Red Collection: Lip Palette ($160): Nothing brightens up a tired face like a red lip, so after a long flight, I'll use the tiny lip-brushes in this slim case to apply one (or more for a custom color) of the four shades of rich, silky red. I won't need anything else for the rest of the trip.
The Maximalist: Christina Han, Beauty Editor
(Click on the image at the top of the post to zoom in on these products)
1. Eyes: A collection of easily blendable eye crayons that can also double as liners, and I'll pack a liquid liner in case I feel like getting fancy. I never go out into public without my brows filled in.
From left to right: Top Shop Crayon in Equinox, Sania Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil ($25), Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner #13 ($23), Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Aigle Noir ($24), Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Goddess ($24), and Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow #4E ($20).
2. Absolution Le Baume ($20): My vice is picking my cuticles, but this will keep them as moisturized as possible.
3. Nars Eye Contour Brush ($28): Eye crayons eliminate the need for a bundle of brushes but this can help blend the colors, should I need to.
4. Tatcha Deep Hydration Lifting Mask ($20): If I'm awake before we land, I'll slap this on my face before deplaning. Otherwise, it'll be the first thing I'll do (after a shower) once I'm in the hotel room.
6. La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush ($70): I live by this blush.
7. Fresh Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment ($25): Simply addicted and will reapply many times throughout the day, unless I'm wearing a lipstick.
8. RMS Living Luminizer ($38): Miranda Kerr and Gisele definitely use this because it's made by their makeup artist pal, Rose-Marie Swift. I use it on my cheekbones to make my face look radiant when I'm feeling tired.
Every night, I take off makeup and cleanse with Amanda Lacey Cleansing Pomade ($100), then immediately follow with the antioxidant-rich Joanna Vargas Rejuvenating Serum ($100). In the morning, I'll just rinse my face with water and apply Joanna Vargas Daily Hydrating Cream ($75) followed by Joanna Vargas Daily Serum ($85).
11. Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Tinted Balm in SB03 ($48): This easily blendable, mousse/cream hybrid matches my skin tone so perfectly that I really only need to dab some on my cheeks and chin to even out my complexion.
12. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer ($28): I arrive on a red-eye. Yes to this.
13. MAC Prep + Prime Skin Smoother ($29): It's makeup-artist approved and the only thing that'll temporarily make the dry patches on my cheeks disappear.
14. Trish McEvoy Eye Base ($25): For no-eye-makeup days, this is great for evening out my lids for that no-makeup-makeup look. Then my lids will already be prepped for shadow and liner if I choose to go down that path later in the day.
15. Original Mineral Frizzy Logic Shine Serum ($9.95): It smells like a tropical vacation, which will put me at ease while in the madness of backstage reporting.
16. Lips: These are my staples and each are wearable for both day and night. From left to right: Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Mascate ($26), YSL Glossy Stain in Brun Glace ($34), and Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer lipstick in Society ($25).
17. Chanel Inimitable Mascara ($30): I like the lengthened, "clean" mascara look for day.
18. Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum ($65): Instead of redoing my whole face of makeup in the evening, I'll just dab this on over my cheekbones to give my skin new life.
19. Dolce & Gabbana Intenseyes Black Intensity Mascara ($32): I'll layer this over the Chanel mascara for an intensified mascara look for evening.
20. Balenciaga makeup bag: My trusty, lined, spill-proof makeup bag. This one is no longer available since I got it a few years ago, but similar ones are available here.
Most Viewed Stories
This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
Sexual Assault in the Amazon
Things to Keep You Warm and Dry at a Protest
The Sheer Perfection of Donald Trump’s Golden Shower
Pakistani Pop Star Stops Concert When He Spots Sexual Harassment
TMZ Reports Trump Will Actually Have Really Cool Inauguration Performers
Your Guide to NYC Inauguration Weekend Protests
Ask Polly: Should I Quit Grad School?
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesHere’s the Official List of Speakers for the Women’s March on Washington
Including Gloria Steinem, Janet Mock, and Angela Davis.This Toothbrush Is Saving Me From Embarrassment at the Dentist
Allegedly, Beyoncé has one too.Iowa Lawmakers Suggest Women Go to a School Nurse or Dentist Instead of Planned Parenthood
The list of women’s-health providers state lawmakers said they’d be happy to fund included a few questionable choices.Here’s What a Trump Administration Could Mean for Campus Sexual Assault
Betsy DeVos, Trump’s embattled nominee for Secretary of Education, refused to say whether she’d uphold Title IX.A Year and a Half After Mattress Performance, Emma Sulkowicz Wants to Heal You
The doctor is in and the artist is present.Feeling Anxious on Inauguration Day? These Art Museums Are Offering Refuge
Ah, the restorative properties of art.Men Won’t Apply for Job Postings That Use ‘Feminine’ Phrases
They won’t apply if the posting says “sympathetic” or “families.”Answering a Question We Did Not Have, Donald Trump Says He’s ‘Not a Fan’ of Tom Ford
And claims the designer was never asked to dress Melania.Bernie Sanders Reviews the Balenciaga Men’s Collection
He thinks it’s terrific!Ben Affleck Finally Weighs In on Sad Affleck Meme
A look back at one of 2016’s best and most depressing memes.
At least 58 are boycotting.Your Guide to Peeing During the Women’s March on Washington
Because you’ve definitely thought about this.TMZ Reports Trump Will Actually Have Really Cool Inauguration Performers
But organizers, worried about blowback for the artists, won’t name them.22 Animals and Objects That Should Be Asked, ‘What Highlighter Are You Wearing?’
Is it the Pat McGrath?In Praise of Victoria’s Gloriously Over-the-top Updos
Put these on your vision board.American Apparel Made Play Clothes for a Generation of Millennials
Remembering the chain at its best.Please Enjoy These Adorable Old Photos of Barack, Malia, and Sasha Playing in the Snow
Ah, memories.Gloria Steinem Will Totally Give You a Ride to the Women’s March on Washington
Ride-sharing is your friend.Teen Who Was Abducted As a Baby Says She Will ‘Always Love’ Her Alleged Kidnapper
Alexis Manigo sat down with Good Morning America.Here’s a Handy Map of Places Where You Can Warm Up and Meet Up at the Women’s March
Print it out and keep it handy.