Starting on Tuesday, get ready for fashion and backstage beauty dispatches from the Paris shows. But before we get all French-ified (don't worry, we will visit a French pharmacy), here are all the beauty essentials from our home bathroom that'll travel to our hotel rooms by the Tuileries Gardens. Because one of us is a beauty editor and the other a no-fuss type, we've tried to compile two well-edited beauty strategies to match each of our requirements. In Christina Han's case, that means multiple shades of eye crayons and lipsticks, because you never know when the need for a quick smoky, charcoal eye and nude lip or a crimson pout with a liquid-lined eye look will arise. In Stella Bugbee's case, it means one great lipstick palette, a strong scent, and the ultimate dry shampoo. Click ahead and zoom into the photos for the complete breakdown of each product.
The Minimalist: Stella Bugbee, Editorial Director
1. Jack Spade Mill Leather Zipper Top Dopp ($155): Men's dopp kits are my favorite for their no-nonsense, easy access, utilitarianism, and durability.
2. Byredo Natural Leather Travel Case, $120 and Byredo Gypsy Water Eau de Parfum ($110-$220): I'd forgo a lot of things in order to bring my perfume because it simultaneously reminds me of home and can take care of weird hotel odors or mask the need for a shower. With fifteen events a day, that is a priority.
3. By Terry Sheer-Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation ($65): Makes you look flawless and radiant in about two minutes.
4. Prive Volumizing Dry Shampoo ($29): Like a proper Parisian, I plan to wash my hair infrequently, unless things get really gnarly. So I'm taking this travel-size bottle (I might also have one at my desk, ahem) for the in-between days.
5. and 6. Muji PET Cylinder Bottle with Snap Cap ($1.25-$1.95): Muji just gets the streamlined thing right. I'll fill them with the two mainstays of my skincare regime: Cetaphil gentle everyday cleanser and MetroLotion.
7. Shiseido Translucent Pressed Powder ($32): On the road, I like an old-fashioned compact to slip into a clutch to keep my nose from shining.
8. Lancome Definicils Mascara ($27): Day or night, I like a subtle swipe of mascara with just enough blackness and length.
9. MAC Eye Brows in Spiked ($16): Self-sharpening and long-lasting in the perfect dark, ashy brown.
10. Cle de Peau Eye Liner Pencil ($30): Smooth to apply, this slim eyeliner even looks good smudged all over my lid after a long day.
11. Kerastase Elixir Ultime Moringa Immortel ($54): Every night I put a teaspoon full of nourishing hair oil on my dead ends to keep my hair smooth and shiny.
12. Goody Clear Hair Rubber Bands ($4.56): See: not washing my hair much.
13. Klorane Soothing Makeup Remover Wipes ($11): Good for a one-stop wipe that takes the whole mess off each night after a packed day.
14. Serge Lutens The Ultimate Red Collection: Lip Palette ($160): Nothing brightens up a tired face like a red lip, so after a long flight, I'll use the tiny lip-brushes in this slim case to apply one (or more for a custom color) of the four shades of rich, silky red. I won't need anything else for the rest of the trip.
The Maximalist: Christina Han, Beauty Editor
(Click on the image at the top of the post to zoom in on these products)
1. Eyes: A collection of easily blendable eye crayons that can also double as liners, and I'll pack a liquid liner in case I feel like getting fancy. I never go out into public without my brows filled in.
From left to right: Top Shop Crayon in Equinox, Sania Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil ($25), Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner #13 ($23), Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Aigle Noir ($24), Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Goddess ($24), and Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow #4E ($20).
2. Absolution Le Baume ($20): My vice is picking my cuticles, but this will keep them as moisturized as possible.
3. Nars Eye Contour Brush ($28): Eye crayons eliminate the need for a bundle of brushes but this can help blend the colors, should I need to.
4. Tatcha Deep Hydration Lifting Mask ($20): If I'm awake before we land, I'll slap this on my face before deplaning. Otherwise, it'll be the first thing I'll do (after a shower) once I'm in the hotel room.
6. La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush ($70): I live by this blush.
7. Fresh Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment ($25): Simply addicted and will reapply many times throughout the day, unless I'm wearing a lipstick.
8. RMS Living Luminizer ($38): Miranda Kerr and Gisele definitely use this because it's made by their makeup artist pal, Rose-Marie Swift. I use it on my cheekbones to make my face look radiant when I'm feeling tired.
Every night, I take off makeup and cleanse with Amanda Lacey Cleansing Pomade ($100), then immediately follow with the antioxidant-rich Joanna Vargas Rejuvenating Serum ($100). In the morning, I'll just rinse my face with water and apply Joanna Vargas Daily Hydrating Cream ($75) followed by Joanna Vargas Daily Serum ($85).
11. Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Tinted Balm in SB03 ($48): This easily blendable, mousse/cream hybrid matches my skin tone so perfectly that I really only need to dab some on my cheeks and chin to even out my complexion.
12. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer ($28): I arrive on a red-eye. Yes to this.
13. MAC Prep + Prime Skin Smoother ($29): It's makeup-artist approved and the only thing that'll temporarily make the dry patches on my cheeks disappear.
14. Trish McEvoy Eye Base ($25): For no-eye-makeup days, this is great for evening out my lids for that no-makeup-makeup look. Then my lids will already be prepped for shadow and liner if I choose to go down that path later in the day.
15. Original Mineral Frizzy Logic Shine Serum ($9.95): It smells like a tropical vacation, which will put me at ease while in the madness of backstage reporting.
16. Lips: These are my staples and each are wearable for both day and night. From left to right: Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Mascate ($26), YSL Glossy Stain in Brun Glace ($34), and Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer lipstick in Society ($25).
17. Chanel Inimitable Mascara ($30): I like the lengthened, "clean" mascara look for day.
18. Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum ($65): Instead of redoing my whole face of makeup in the evening, I'll just dab this on over my cheekbones to give my skin new life.
19. Dolce & Gabbana Intenseyes Black Intensity Mascara ($32): I'll layer this over the Chanel mascara for an intensified mascara look for evening.
20. Balenciaga makeup bag: My trusty, lined, spill-proof makeup bag. This one is no longer available since I got it a few years ago, but similar ones are available here.
Most Viewed Stories
I Worked at Fyre Festival. It Was Always Going to Be a Disaster.
Famous Guests Were Reportedly Warned Not to Go to Fyre Festival in Advance
Life Lessons From the Great Fyre Festival Disaster
Don’t Follow Pippa Middleton’s ‘Extremely Restrictive’ Wedding Diet
Female Dragonflies Fake Their Own Deaths to Avoid Males
11 Pairs of Unflattering Pants That Will Make You Look Ugly-Cool
The Kardashians Just Broke Up With the Stylist They’ve Been Using for a Decade
Succumb to the Siren Song of Unflattering Pants
Ivanka Trump Reportedly Bribed Her Angry Neighbors With Baked Goods
Millie Bobby Brown Has Some Simple Makeup Tips She’d Like to Share
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesRevisiting Ellen’s Groundbreaking Coming-Out Episode 20 Years Later
▶️ “Why do I have to be so ashamed? Why can’t I just say the truth? I mean, be who I am.”I Worked at Fyre Festival. It Was Always Going to Be a Disaster.
“We were standing in an empty gravel pit trying to figure out how to build a festival village from scratch”Lebron Debuts His Breezy Summer Look
Inspirational dressing from Mr. James.The Kardashians Just Broke Up With the Stylist They’ve Been Using for a Decade
They’re no longer working with Monica Rose.An Intimate Look Inside the Homes of LGBTQ Americans
Tom Atwood spent 15 years shooting portraits for his new book Kings and Queens in Their Castles.DVF’s New Wardrobe Essentials Are Better Than Basic
DVF's new vision for styling prints with Essentials. #adIt’s 2017 and Sephora Just Launched a Bye Felicia Lip Balm
Timely.Emma Watson and Katie Holmes Partied This Week
Plus: Susan Sarandon, Rita Ora, Julia Garner.The Best Bras for Big Boobs on Amazon According to Reviewers
Make the most of that two-day shipping.Why Wallflowers Don’t Make Friends
Location is everything when you’re trying to meet people.
Because you all want to look like a meme bird.These Tweets Will Make You Very Glad That You Didn’t Spend Thousands of Dollars to Get Stranded in the Bahamas
Instead of the luxury cabanas it promised, the event used disaster-relief tents.Famous Guests Were Reportedly Warned Not to Go to Fyre Festival in Advance
“They called all the A-list names and the modeling agencies and told them not to come.”Viola Davis Credits African Tribeswomen for Her Acting Career
Viola Davis knows how to give a good speech.Mona Lisa’s Face Was Everywhere at the Louis Vuitton Party Last Night
A new pop-up store features the brand's collaboration with artist Jeff Koons.Sylvan Esso Loves to Cry in Whole Foods
Their new album, What Now, might make you do the same.5 Non-Ugly, Highly Effective Minimizing Bras
Because tailoring clothes can get expensive.Stories Inspired by the Vanity Fair International Best-Dressed List Poll
Some more small stories.Trump Is Appointing a Prominent Anti-Abortion Activist to a Top Health and Human Services Job
Charmaine Yoest is the former president of Americans United for Life.The Biggest Fashion Misses of the Met Gala Over the Years
Bunny ears, flame headdresses, bullfighter outfits, and more.