Starting on Tuesday, get ready for fashion and backstage beauty dispatches from the Paris shows. But before we get all French-ified (don't worry, we will visit a French pharmacy), here are all the beauty essentials from our home bathroom that'll travel to our hotel rooms by the Tuileries Gardens. Because one of us is a beauty editor and the other a no-fuss type, we've tried to compile two well-edited beauty strategies to match each of our requirements. In Christina Han's case, that means multiple shades of eye crayons and lipsticks, because you never know when the need for a quick smoky, charcoal eye and nude lip or a crimson pout with a liquid-lined eye look will arise. In Stella Bugbee's case, it means one great lipstick palette, a strong scent, and the ultimate dry shampoo. Click ahead and zoom into the photos for the complete breakdown of each product.
The Minimalist: Stella Bugbee, Editorial Director
1. Jack Spade Mill Leather Zipper Top Dopp ($155): Men's dopp kits are my favorite for their no-nonsense, easy access, utilitarianism, and durability.
2. Byredo Natural Leather Travel Case, $120 and Byredo Gypsy Water Eau de Parfum ($110-$220): I'd forgo a lot of things in order to bring my perfume because it simultaneously reminds me of home and can take care of weird hotel odors or mask the need for a shower. With fifteen events a day, that is a priority.
3. By Terry Sheer-Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation ($65): Makes you look flawless and radiant in about two minutes.
4. Prive Volumizing Dry Shampoo ($29): Like a proper Parisian, I plan to wash my hair infrequently, unless things get really gnarly. So I'm taking this travel-size bottle (I might also have one at my desk, ahem) for the in-between days.
5. and 6. Muji PET Cylinder Bottle with Snap Cap ($1.25-$1.95): Muji just gets the streamlined thing right. I'll fill them with the two mainstays of my skincare regime: Cetaphil gentle everyday cleanser and MetroLotion.
7. Shiseido Translucent Pressed Powder ($32): On the road, I like an old-fashioned compact to slip into a clutch to keep my nose from shining.
8. Lancome Definicils Mascara ($27): Day or night, I like a subtle swipe of mascara with just enough blackness and length.
9. MAC Eye Brows in Spiked ($16): Self-sharpening and long-lasting in the perfect dark, ashy brown.
10. Cle de Peau Eye Liner Pencil ($30): Smooth to apply, this slim eyeliner even looks good smudged all over my lid after a long day.
11. Kerastase Elixir Ultime Moringa Immortel ($54): Every night I put a teaspoon full of nourishing hair oil on my dead ends to keep my hair smooth and shiny.
12. Goody Clear Hair Rubber Bands ($4.56): See: not washing my hair much.
13. Klorane Soothing Makeup Remover Wipes ($11): Good for a one-stop wipe that takes the whole mess off each night after a packed day.
14. Serge Lutens The Ultimate Red Collection: Lip Palette ($160): Nothing brightens up a tired face like a red lip, so after a long flight, I'll use the tiny lip-brushes in this slim case to apply one (or more for a custom color) of the four shades of rich, silky red. I won't need anything else for the rest of the trip.
The Maximalist: Christina Han, Beauty Editor
(Click on the image at the top of the post to zoom in on these products)
1. Eyes: A collection of easily blendable eye crayons that can also double as liners, and I'll pack a liquid liner in case I feel like getting fancy. I never go out into public without my brows filled in.
From left to right: Top Shop Crayon in Equinox, Sania Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil ($25), Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner #13 ($23), Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Aigle Noir ($24), Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Goddess ($24), and Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow #4E ($20).
2. Absolution Le Baume ($20): My vice is picking my cuticles, but this will keep them as moisturized as possible.
3. Nars Eye Contour Brush ($28): Eye crayons eliminate the need for a bundle of brushes but this can help blend the colors, should I need to.
4. Tatcha Deep Hydration Lifting Mask ($20): If I'm awake before we land, I'll slap this on my face before deplaning. Otherwise, it'll be the first thing I'll do (after a shower) once I'm in the hotel room.
6. La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush ($70): I live by this blush.
7. Fresh Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment ($25): Simply addicted and will reapply many times throughout the day, unless I'm wearing a lipstick.
8. RMS Living Luminizer ($38): Miranda Kerr and Gisele definitely use this because it's made by their makeup artist pal, Rose-Marie Swift. I use it on my cheekbones to make my face look radiant when I'm feeling tired.
Every night, I take off makeup and cleanse with Amanda Lacey Cleansing Pomade ($100), then immediately follow with the antioxidant-rich Joanna Vargas Rejuvenating Serum ($100). In the morning, I'll just rinse my face with water and apply Joanna Vargas Daily Hydrating Cream ($75) followed by Joanna Vargas Daily Serum ($85).
11. Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Tinted Balm in SB03 ($48): This easily blendable, mousse/cream hybrid matches my skin tone so perfectly that I really only need to dab some on my cheeks and chin to even out my complexion.
12. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer ($28): I arrive on a red-eye. Yes to this.
13. MAC Prep + Prime Skin Smoother ($29): It's makeup-artist approved and the only thing that'll temporarily make the dry patches on my cheeks disappear.
14. Trish McEvoy Eye Base ($25): For no-eye-makeup days, this is great for evening out my lids for that no-makeup-makeup look. Then my lids will already be prepped for shadow and liner if I choose to go down that path later in the day.
15. Original Mineral Frizzy Logic Shine Serum ($9.95): It smells like a tropical vacation, which will put me at ease while in the madness of backstage reporting.
16. Lips: These are my staples and each are wearable for both day and night. From left to right: Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Mascate ($26), YSL Glossy Stain in Brun Glace ($34), and Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer lipstick in Society ($25).
17. Chanel Inimitable Mascara ($30): I like the lengthened, "clean" mascara look for day.
18. Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum ($65): Instead of redoing my whole face of makeup in the evening, I'll just dab this on over my cheekbones to give my skin new life.
19. Dolce & Gabbana Intenseyes Black Intensity Mascara ($32): I'll layer this over the Chanel mascara for an intensified mascara look for evening.
20. Balenciaga makeup bag: My trusty, lined, spill-proof makeup bag. This one is no longer available since I got it a few years ago, but similar ones are available here.
Most Viewed Stories
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Everything We Know About Brad Pitt’s Plane Incident
Jaden Smith on the Many Subtle Flavors of Water
Taylor Swift’s Squad Begged Kim Kardashian for Mercy
The National Nightmare Is Over: Kim Kardashian Will Vote for Hillary
Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Unveiled Their Baby on Instagram
Gigi Hadid Fought Back Against a Creepy Stranger Who Grabbed Her
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesThe Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
This week’s sex diary.Marc Jacobs’s Dog Has His Own Coffee-Table Book
Neville Jacobs, Instagram celebrity.The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally, and Sean Hayes want you to feel FOMO.Emma Watson Helped Make a Short Film to Inspire You, Ladies
Jump those hurdles. Swing from a chandelier.Get Gender-Free Fashion Delivered to Your Hotel Room
Best room service ever.Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis Are Having a Girl
It’s yet another reason to be #NeverTrump.The Newsroom Meets Mad Men in the First Trailer for Amazon’s Good Girls Revolt
Revolt away, girls.Arrest Made in Pippa Middleton iCloud Photo Hack
The hacker reportedly offered The Sun and The Daily Mail 3,000 pictures for a large sum of money.The National Nightmare Is Over: Kim Kardashian Will Vote for Hillary
She’s with her.Dolce & Gabbana Was an Italian Lovefest
The theme was Tropico Italiano.
Enjoy!Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Unveiled Their Baby on Instagram
Her name is Dusty Rose Levine. Awwww.Beyoncé and Tina Knowles Did a Normal Mother/Daughter Thing
Houston’s Solid Gold Beauty Supply received the Queen Bey herself.Brad Pitt Probably Won’t Face Prosecution for Child Abuse
The Brangelina Divorce Machine marches on.North West Is a Pretty Great Flower Girl
Brides, prepare to be upstaged.The Kids From Stranger Things Are Hanging Out With Nicolas Ghesquière
Millie Bobby Brown, Caleb McLaughlin, and Gaten Matarazzo hit up Louis Vuitton’s HQ in Paris.A ‘Cagney & Lacey–esque’ Police Drama Is Currently in Development at ABC
Bring. On. The Female. Detectives.Kylie Jenner’s Getting Sucked Into Tyga’s Debt Problems
She’ll have to answer questions under oath in the latest lawsuit against him.Lauren Hutton and Gigi Hadid Make the Best Intergenerational Model Pair
It was a major moment.Your Basement Gym Is No Match for These $10 Million Wellness Amenities
The two superstar brokers of Million Dollar Listing New York fame discuss.