Following Alex Wang's coronation as creative director of Balenciaga in December, he commenced work on the fashion house's fall 2013 collection. At the time, CEO Isabelle Guichot told WWD, "I don't want to put him under unnecessary pressure, so we will have to figure how we want to present." Today, the trade reports Wang's debut showing is set for February 28 at 9:15 a.m. "in an intimate atmosphere" with a "salon-style format." Apparently, there will be models, but there won't be a crowd — a mere 75 seats, according to Lynn Yaeger. And if A$AP Rocky and his entourage are invited, that only leaves 40 empty chairs.
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
- California Revenge Pornographer Gets Five Years
- Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
- Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- Best Bet: Satomi Kawakita Emerald Ring
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr