Beasts of the Southern Wild's 9-year-old star Quvenzhané Wallis faces a formidable challenge on Sunday. The youngest-ever nominee for the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, the puppy purse enthusiast needs not only to maintain composure, but to look appropriate in a black-tie environment while she does it. Wallis recently fretted, "fashion is my kryptonite," and worried about tripping on a gown. So what should a 9-year-old wear on the Oscars red carpet? We've asked that question before, looking at designers' kid-size clothing lines. This time around, we look at history, from tween Angelina's lace, to Shirley Temple's ruffles, to young Judy Garland's furs.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat