Aspiring jewelry designer Ashley Riggitano jumped to her death from the George Washington Bridge last night, the New York Post reports. A 22-year-old Laboratory Institute of Merchandising graduate, Riggitano had interned at Tommy Hilfiger, Nicole Miller, and Alex Woo, according to her LinkedIn profile, and was currently at work on her own jewelry line, Missfits. The New Jersey native left behind a Louis Vuitton handbag containing handwritten notes describing how she’d been bullied by co-workers and classmates in the fashion industry, singling out five friends she did not want to attend her funeral. The Post is quick to point out she also suffered from mental health problems. Let’s all say something nice to someone this Fashion Week.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken