Little French Songs is scheduled to hit FNAC and other electronic chains in Europe on Monday (April 16 for America!), but there are few reviews of Carla's fourth disc on the Internet. Though the Cut already pre-ordered and learned the lyrics to "Mon Raymond" in its entirety — "il est canon c'est d'la bombe atomique" — we compiled a list of several critics' reactions so that you, dear readers, can make an informed purchase.
1. "You can imagine Bruni singing 'Mon Raymond,' a frankly embarrassing ode to her husband, in a smart Paris salon, raising her elegant nose as the whiff of the rabble outside invades the gilded room." —The Times U.K.
2. "'J'Arrive A Toi' is the first bar of a half-decent song milked to within an inch of our sanity." —The Express U.K.
3. "Any schoolgirl could do her gentle cooing." —Bloomberg
4. "There's something of Nero fiddling while Rome burns to Bruni's breathy delivery of self-penned songs intended to hark back to the golden age of French chanson." —The Times U.K.
5. "For a moment 'Prière' sounds like Toni Braxton's 'Unbreak My Heart' but then disappointment sets in." —The Express U.K.
6. "These are the songs a waif sings through a Marlboro haze outside a Parisian café in a Woody Allen film — nice if that's how you like your clichés." —The Express U.K.
7. "The album is as relaxing as a quiet night in with a shared bottle of decent Merlot." —Bloomberg
8. "There's nothing to disturb that soothing bath before bedtime." —Bloomberg
9. "L'hebdo se contente de conseiller un « fucking good album ». Quand la musique est bonne ... " —Les Echos
Most Viewed Stories
I Tried Hillary Clinton’s Diet and Now I Sympathize With Her
Blake Lively Reportedly Just Gave Birth, and You’ll Never Guess Who’s Running to the Hospital
Brad Pitt Fights Back Against Angelina Jolie and Her Plot to ‘Destroy’ Him
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Angelina Jolie Got Everything She Wanted in Temporary Divorce Deal With Brad Pitt
What It’s Like to Be a Female Reporter Covering Donald Trump
The Best Part of Being a Royal Is Getting to Pet Bunnies
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
The Mysterious Deaths of Two Sisters in a Luxury Hotel
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutChris Hemsworth Presents His Glorious Bottom for All the World to See
A new angle.Elizabeth Warren Just Said What Most Women Wish They Could to Donald Trump
She went on a Friday tweetstorm.Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on Why Being a Feminist and Loving Makeup Aren’t Mutually Exclusive
Contrary to that egg’s recent tweet.Yes, You Should Intervene If You Think a Child Is Being Abused
The safety of the child should come first.Gigi Hadid Is Now Designing Fall Boots
Would you wear the “Gigi”?Of Course These Two Celebrities Are Friends
They ate raw food together at a vegan restaurant.Postwar Elegance Captured by a Groundbreaking Female Photographer
Photographs from the new book Inge Morath: On Style.Joe Biden Spoke Out Against Rape Culture on The Tonight Show
“Any man who takes a drunk woman up the stairs in a fraternity house is a damn coward, man.”Samantha Bee, Gloria Steinem, Gayle King, and More Women Told Us How to Deal With Mansplainers
Samantha Bee’s advice: “I clamsplain right back.”These Diamonds Are As Cool As They Are Affordable
Simple studs for multiple holes.
Balmain, Rick Owens, and Galliano at Margiela deliver.The Mad-Scientist Designer Making Clothes From a Single Thread
Designer Jeanne Vicerial is pushing the limits of what we consider fashion.What Does Girl-Power Makeup Look Like?
Dior’s first female creative director has a simple interpretation.The Mysterious Deaths of Two Sisters in a Luxury Hotel
Annie and Robin Korkki were found dead in a private Seychelles villa.Gwyneth Paltrow Tortures Her Trainer by Playing Justin Timberlake on Repeat
Tracy Anderson admits she hates training Gwyneth Paltrow.Here’s a Depressing But Helpful Suggestion: Buy Your Winter Stuff Now
Because nothing is worse than trudging through a snow pile in a thin coat and leaky boots.Jessica Biel Sees Your Shower Beer and Raises You a Shower Chicken-Apple Sausage
Sounds complicated.In This Life, You Are Either a Barack or a Bill
One's kind of uptight, the other's super chill.Rihanna and Mac Miller Partied This Week
Plus: Karlie Kloss, Ariana Grande, Cam’ron.Treat Yourself: A Pair of Lush Burgundy Boots
Like wearing autumn on your feet.