Barbara Walters, one of America's favorite blondes, will be handing in her press pass next year and settling into a life of retirement. After 52 years of speaking to the American public from behind the news desk as the first female anchor on the Today show, followed by the ABC Evening News, 20/20, and most recently from the couch on The View, she, along with her perfectly coiffed, floofy towhead, will be greatly missed (where will we go for our Barbara Wawa fix?). From this point on, we can expect a year of commemorative specials celebrating her illustrious and celebrity-filled career. To start the party off right, the Cut offers you this slideshow devoted to her beloved blonde hair. Click through the images to see Walters before she was blonde, during her Hillary Clinton phase, and when she could've been mistaken as a cast member of Dynasty. Cheers to you, Barbara Walters's hair, for always being perfect in every way, for over half a century.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split