Conehead shaped wigs with extra long bangs that hang just below the nostrils are slightly frightening and definitely impractical. But A.F. Vandvorst isn't known for "normal" looking things. The collection was inspired by the mythological figures and ancient rituals in Charles Fréger's photobook, Wilder Mann: The Image of the Savage, "They were part man, part animal covered in fur," explains makeup artist Inge Grogard. "You never saw their faces and it looked really bizarre." Since the bangs covered the entire face, only the lips were left to the makeup artist, so she painted them in bright shades of fuchsia, orange and red using MAC Lip Mix. Since these left a matte finish on lips, Grogard dabbed on Lip Conditioner just in the center of the mouth for a hydrated, semi-matte finish.
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Blowout
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time