Although many critics weren't impressed with Hedi Slimane's latest Saint Laurent collection, the grunge-inspired clothes have gotten plenty of positive feedback from those who really matter. Yves Saint Laurent's lifelong partner, Pierre Bergé, reiterated his support for Slimane's work in today's Wall Street Journal — a particularly notable gesture given his public disapproval of the label's previous two designers, Tom Ford and Stefano Pilati. Of Slimane's controversial fall 2013 show, Bergé says, "I adored it; it's exactly what needed to be done." He also added approvingly that Slimane regularly visits the fashion house's archives, which the 82-year-old Bergé oversees.
Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen