The Dutch Supreme Court reversed a 1998 decision that a forced kiss counted as “unwanted sexual penetration,” and therefore rape, the AP reports. Today the five-judge panel overturned a lower court’s rape conviction of “a man who forced his tongue into the mouth of a woman in a hospital restroom.” According to the ruling, a forced kiss is now considered an indecent assault, which has an eight-year maximum sentence, as opposed to rape’s twelve-year maximum sentence. Internationally, forced kisses are still considered grounds for permanently ejecting someone from your cadre of drinking buddies.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve