Though spring officially started yesterday and March Madness is currently ravaging the United States, Europe still appears to have its mind dead-set on winter: The 2013 X Games in Tignes, France, began yesterday. And while we're all itching for some sun, we have no problem watching daredevils strapped to snowboards catching air and doing hair-raising spins, flips, and grabs straight off of a gigantic icy half-pipe. The lone boarder who caught our eyes, with his very own icy-blue ones, was a man who goes by iPod (a.k.a. Iouri Podladtchikov). The Russian-born boarder from Switzerland also managed to land the biggest trick of the night. The athlete with a steely gaze, killer bone structure, and adorable smile landed the much-hyped cab double cork 1440 (okay, someone told us so) that he's since dubbed the "YOLO Flip." He then yelled, "Rock and roll, baby!" and proceeded to fling his snowboard into the crowd — just like a rock star would.
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives