We're live from Paris, where our editorial director is reporting from Fashion Week (albeit in a different time zone).
1. By the time Stella McCartney shows in Le Opéra Garnier, I cannot describe what a relief it is to be at a show with no fur.
Models wear baseball caps that more resemble riding hats with extra-long brims, loads of pinstripes, and seriously chunky heels. Trying to imagine which of my friends will want to wear those.
2. Delfina Delettrez makes surreal, poetic jewelry that often incorporates playful elements of movement. In her showroom she demonstrates how to stack her powder-coated metal bangles which come in geometric shapes and eighties neons.
5. The morning begins with a breakfast at the hotel where David Beckham is staying, but sadly he is not eating with me. I am there to meet the impressive creator of luxury e-tailer Farfetch. Apparently, a single customer has bought over 200 pairs of shoes since the site launched five years ago. Theory: This person might be one of my seatmates at the shows.
7. Across town, Nicholas Kirkwood's showroom is like an art gallery for footwear enthusiasts:
8. Pringle of Scotland invited people for Champagne to view their collaboration with Central Saint Martins students, who studied the archives of Princess Grace to make a collection of knitwear. Wandering around enjoying the beautiful interior of the mansion in which the event took place, I nearly collide with the regal, ghostly Tilda Swinton in a long white dress.
9. You know what real luxury is? A seat with a back. And no one does understated luxury quite as well as Hermès. The collection takes place in the evening in a library, where we sip vodka drinks on plush couches and chairs, bathed in golden light. Maybe this is what it feels like to be invited to a meeting with the Illuminati. Everything from the model's clean, natural hair and makeup, to the relaxed way they hold the crocodile clutches, reinforces the house as the keeper of eternal chic.
10. We all know that Louis Vuitton will be a big deal. But walking the steps to the Louvre I have to stop a minute to appreciate what a crazy trip this has been. Not for too long, because like the Marc Jacobs show, this one starts on the dot. There were many highlights, like the reward of having the door in front of you open.
11. At Moncler, a husky dog goes AWOL, but who can blame him? From the loud music to the fake snow, to the scarily warm models, it's an understandable instinct. Once that fiasco is over, we get men on zip lines and polar bear mascots.
And now a guy zip lines in a shower of plastic snow. vine.co/v/bHDIHuevFhe— stella bugbee (@stellabugbee) March 6, 2013
12. The end of the week is palpably nigh at Miu Miu, where Marc Jacobs shows up in his beautiful red pajamas. January Jones and Zoe Saldana grace the front row. Either one of them would look great in the bazooka-pink, shaved Mongolian lamb coat.
13. An afternoon of re-sees (and last minute Bon Point shopping for my kids) and it's back to the hotel, packing for an early flight. Au Revior Paris!
Most Viewed Stories
Celebrities Get Angry About Airline’s Leggings Ban
Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner’s New Neighbors Are Justifiably Annoyed
Ali Wong Loves Kondo-ing So Much, She Named Her Daughter After It
The Blaze Has Permanently Banned Tomi Lahren
Bobbi Brown on Why She Really Left Her Brand and Resisted Making a Contour Palette, and Her Next Moves
What Is in Sean Spicer’s Teeth?
The Virgin Ignoring Texts From London
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of March 27
The Moment Khloé Asked the Cameras to Stop Filming
What Exactly Is Going On With Donald and Melania’s Body Language?
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.