In this clip, the J.Crew creative director introduces us to part of her shoe collection, and confesses, "Some of them, I actually realize I haven't worn, but I like to look at them." Jenna also goes over some in-house terminology — "ugly dollies" and "shiny ponies." As used in a sentence: "We call the [shoes] 'ugly dollies' when they don't work out, and then sometimes, they're beautiful 'shiny ponies,' and the shiny pony one season was the Etta." She talks a bit about the brand's factory in Pisa, Italy, and, at one point, puts on an animal-print pump, noting, "These I like, because as far as I'm concerned, leopard is a neutral." A shiny, neutral, leopard-print pony.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb