Graphic tee, high-waisted shorts, and assorted tchotchke paradise Urban Outfitters Inc. doubled its profits for the last part of 2012, WWD writes. The chain's fourth-quarter earnings amounted to $82.5 million, up from $39.3 million for the time same period in 2011. CEO Richard Hayne told the trade, "We are still in a very early stage of unlocking the potential that the Internet and mobile technologies bring to the consumer industry," which seems surprising for a brand that sells a Cat Scratch D.J. Deck. (Urban should probably be 2.0 adept by now, no?) Hayne went on, "The disruptive nature of technology is completely transforming the space, and we are making investments so we remain at the top of the heap and we don't become an also-ran." For example, more and more full-price items are being purchased online — which Hayne hopes becomes a regular thing, but it's just not the same without the salespeople giving you the up-down.
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kanye and Kim Might Get Married at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000
- ‘Kamikaze Sperm’: Fighting Off Rivals?
- The Long, Strange Journey of Nell Scovell
- Maryland Bank Robber Chose Pink Monochrome
- Beauty GIF: How to Create a Holiday Glitter-Eye
- 2013: Another Year of the Effing Hipster?
- Go Ask Our Beauty Editor Anything at Reddit