One easy styling trick you'll often see is throwing a giant sparkly necklace atop a simple T-shirt to dress up the most basic of outfits. But this resort season, designers like 3.1 Phillip Lim and Stella McCartney decided to do the work for you by adding gems to the necklines of tops. A little bit formal but also plenty casual, these pieces can elevate a pair of jeans or add a cool twist to a dressy A-line skirt. Take Zara's textured boxy top, with its delicate smattering of jewels, and wear it over a pair of cropped black pants as an alternative to cocktail dressing. Or try April, May's beaded sweatshirt with a slim pencil skirt for an outfit equally fit for brunch or a more creative office environment. The key is to pair these pieces with neutral basics and let them shine on their own, so keep other accessories to a minimum. Click ahead to see thirteen pretty and sparkly options.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season