A medical nipple-darkening procedure used for breast reconstruction has been adopted by U.K. women who feel self-conscious of their nipples when they get spray-tanned. "A lot of people want their nipples made darker,” clinician Gail Poudman, who darkens more than six nipples a week, told the Telegraph. “It’s the fashion.” The two-hour tattooing procedure, known as ‘tittooing,’ costs up to £1,200 for both nipples and lasts twelve to eighteen months. “The girls get them done so they can go topless and not be embarrassed, or when they're in a changing room and getting changed,” Poudman explained. “They can go on holiday in front of their partners, go for massages, spray tans and just not be conscious of their body." It's unclear what makes dark nipples fashionable, but it can't hurt to be on top of the trends if one wants to secure a place on Tatler's best society breasts list, Titler.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel