Wearing one color head to toe was a big trend on the spring runways and even spilled over into fall 2013 but, unless it's all black, most people tend to find this sort of look intimidating. White is the second easiest way to dip your toe, so take a cue from this stylish show attendee and pair a leather jacket with a wide leg trouser. Really, any boxy motorcycle jacket left unzipped works, so long as your silhouette is relaxed and slouchy, and make sure the trousers are loose and billowy. To finish off, add your favorite white tee and a pair of pumps, but keep hair and makeup to a minimum; you'll be more comfortable like that, anyway. Click to see three versions of the look, all at different price points.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen
- Male Gaze: Feast Your Eyes on Frank Sinatra
- Office Stress Is Contagious
- Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Post-Baby Reveal
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 14 Days to Go!
- Paltrow, Anderson Diet Show Gets ‘Major Network’