What, you didn’t know that today had been declared an international day of breast-baring by Femen, the world’s most photogenic feminist activist group? Protests were staged outside mosques and Tunisian embassies across Europe today in support of Amina Tyler, the 19-year-old who posted a picture of herself online, topless and smoking, with “My body belongs to me, and is not the source of anyone’s honor” written across her torso. (Has it been seared into your brain yet?) Tyler has not been heard from since a Tunisian newspaper printed a preacher calling for her to be punished according to Sharia law and stoned to death. A lawyer for her family insists that she is at home and safe, but Femen leaders say she has been institutionalized. “Use your body as a poster for the slogans of freedom,” the Ukraine-based group said in a statement. “Bare breasts against Islamism.” And watch out for ornery old French men.
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split