Tonight, one of the buzziest films at the Tribeca Film Festival, Before Midnight, will screen, starring a denim-shirt-wearing Ethan Hawke as he reprises his role as Jesse (of Before Sunrise and Before Sunset). While we're excited to see him romp around Greece alongside co-star Julie Delpy, one glance at his healthy goatee transports us back to Hawke's younger days — when said goatee was even healthier (if that's possible) and paired alongside bad-boy leather jackets with his slicked-back hair. The killer pairing of soft stubble and greasy locks successfully wooed Winona Ryder away from Ben Stiller in Reality Bites. His facial hair made another shy appearance in Great Expectations. But to venture back even further, to a time when his trademark scruff didn't even exist, check out Dead Poets Society. He played the shy boarding-school student, with bangs, who immortalized the words "O Captain! My Captain!" It seems as though he's successfully revived the bangs from decades past. Our only plea: Please never bring back the Guy Fieri cut again.
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!